• Student artists must be currently enrolled, or accepted to be enrolled (incoming students for the upcoming semester) at a Midwest Regional public or private college or university and working towards their Associate, Bachelor, or Masters degree (student does not have to be an art major). Artists must provide proof of enrollment such as a copy of current student ID, schedule, or report card for present students, or acceptance letter for upcoming students.
• Entries submitted must be examples of artist’s own original works created within the last three years.
• Artists may submit no more than three examples of their work. Each example will be judged separately, not as a body of work. Examples do not have to be of the same media. Entries can be in any media listed:
Drawing - graphite, colored pencil, pen and ink, marker, pastel, charcoal, etc.
Painting - oil, acrylic, watercolor, gouache, etc.
Printmaking - etching, lithography, screen-printing, etc.
• All examples must be high-quality copies/prints or photos no larger than 8.5” x 11" and should be labeled on back, bottom left-hand corner of copy/print/photo, and numbered to correspond with entry form (see sample on entry form). Do not fold, mat, or mount copies/prints/photos. Do not send actual works of art. Do not send slides or CDs. All entries must be high-quality copies/prints/photos no larger than 8.5” x 11”.
• There should be one copy/print/photo per work of art, (sculpture being the only exception in order to study the piece from several views, but no more than 3 copies/prints/photos per sculpted piece and numbered to correspond with entry number on entry form). Each artist submission can include up to three individual examples of artist's work.
•Copies/prints/photos will not be returned.
•Complete entry form in its entirety. Photocopies of entry form are acceptable. The 2 page PDF entry form can be downloaded by clicking - here
• A non-refundable entry fee of $30 in check or money order made payable to:
Fine Art Finals
•Submission package (copies/prints/photos, entry form, $30 entry fee, and proof of enrollment) must be postmarkedFriday, November 20, 2009:
Fine Art Finals
P.O. Box 2369
Glen Ellyn, IL 60138-2369
Please review the Q&A Page before submitting questions.